Wow. Somehow in the year or so between each layout change I always forget what a complicated process it is to achieve cross-browser compatibility, and how processor-intensive it is on the brain.
After dealing with the first round of troubleshooting feedback (thanks, everyone) and getting to bed at 6:00 this morning, I sat bolt upright at about 9:30 and thought, hey, why isn’t that div floating left? This is, of course, a perfectly normal thing for a person to think upon waking. And naturally, upon digging around I discovered that my un-floating div was not due to a simple missing float tag that would have taken 30 seconds to add in, but rather a much bigger issue that required ten hours of my time to fix.
And it’s still not right. It’s a lot more right than it was, though, and I’m hoping that those who reported problems last night (especially Yvonne) are seeing things more as they should be today (i.e. three columns side-by-side). I say “especially Yvonne” because her problem is the most baffling— we use the same browser and OS, and yet it looks right in my Mac Firefox and wrong in hers.
Believe it or not, I love dealing with this stuff. I find great satisfaction in fixing annoying problems. However, I have been ignoring a few minor things over the past few days— you know, like sleeping, eating, exercising, and personal hygiene. Emirhan thinks he’s living with a very stinky zombie, so I’m going to take the rest of the night off from fixing markup and maybe do something radical like showering and having a meal.
Do keep reporting issues in the comments, though— your feedback is invaluable and really helps me narrow down what’s working and what isn’t working. You guys are awesome alpha testers; thank you for that.